Welcome to the South Dakota Board of Pharmacy, where pharmacists can find comprehensive information for various applications and renewals. Whether you are a newly graduated pharmacist, a reciprocating pharmacist, or a foreign pharmacy graduate, we have tailored user guides and application instructions to simplify the process.

Change of Name or Employer Form

ARSD 20:51:01:10 — Obtain the Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Examination Committee (FPGEC) Certification from the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy.  For more information on this certification see https://nabp.pharmacy/. This certification includes:

  • the Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Equivalency Examination (FPGEE)
  • the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
  • the Test of Spoken English (TSE)

ARSD 20:51:01:03 — When the South Dakota Board of Pharmacy has received verification from National Association of Boards of Pharmacy that the FPGEC has been successfully completed you will be required to provide the following  for application to take the NAPLEX examination:  .

  • Verification of internship in the United States
  • You may apply for internship in South Dakota after successfully completing the FPGEC. 
  • A transcript showing graduation from a college of pharmacy located outside the United States
  • A government-issued form of photo identification.
  • A photo (passport size) with your signature in ink on the back
  • A completed Application for Registration as a Pharmacist by NAPLEX Examination or NAPLEX Score Transfer with the $35 initial certification fee (payable to the South Dakota Board of Pharmacy)
  • NAPLEX Application materials (the Registration Bulletin may be obtained at NABP's web site https://nabp.pharmacy/)
  • The applicant must also successfully complete the Multistate Pharmacy Jurisprudence Examination (MPJE), South Dakota edition. A total scaled score of not less than 75 is required to pass this examination.