Proper food service, lodging, and campground safety and hygiene is an important part of maintaining the health of the public.
The Office of Health Protection licenses food services, lodging establishments, and campgrounds to ensure health and safety standards are met and public health is protected. It handles complaint investigations involving such facilities while routine inspections are conducted by the State Inspection Program in the Department of Public Safety.
Health Protection also conducts environmental health investigations.
- Request a Food, Lodging, or Campground Informational Packet
- Questions? Find contact information for a Health Protection Advisor in your region
- FoodSafety.gov (Gateway to Federal Food Safety Information)
- USDA Food Safety & Inspection Service Recalls
- Food & Drug Administration Recalls