Effective July 1, 2023, physical therapist and physical therapist assistant licensure has transitioned from the South Dakota Board of Medical and Osteopathic Examiners to the South Dakota Board of Physical Therapy.
To protect the health and safety of the public by licensure of physical therapists and physical therapist assistants and enforcement of statutes, rules, and regulations governing the practice of physical therapy, including the appropriate processing and resolution of complaints.
NOTE: During the transition from the Board of Medical and Osteopathic Examiners, there may be a delay in application processing.
- Patti Berg-Poppe, Physical Therapist
- Leonard Suel, Physical Therapist
- Rebeca Schmitz, Physical Therapist
- Matthew Weigel, Physical Therapist
- Brad Thuringer, Physical Therapist Assistant
- Linda Ahrendt, Public Member
- Janelle Toman, Public Member
- Patti Berg-Poppe, President
- Leonard Suel, Vice President
- Rebeca Schmitz, Secretary
Upcoming meetings, agendas, materials, and minutes are posted on the State of South Dakota’s Boards and Commissions portal.