|Kari Shanard-Koenders, R.Ph., M.S.J.
4001 W. Valhalla Blvd., Suite 106
Sioux Falls, SD 57106
The Mission of the South Dakota Board of Pharmacy is to protect and promote the health and safety of the public by supporting pharmacists and pursuing the highest quality pharmaceutical care through education, communication, licensing, legislation, regulation, and enforcement.
Stay Informed About Board Happenings - Sign up for our Listserv for the latest South Dakota Pharmacy information and updates.
SDCL 36-11-5 requires the board to hold meetings for the examination of applicants for registration and to conduct the regular business of the board. The board may hold other meetings when deemed necessary by a majority (two) of the members. As board meetings are scheduled they will be posted at this site and on the Boards and Commissions Portal.
- Book of all South Dakota Pharmacy Laws & Rules – Revised 03/2023
- Year-Round Drug Take-Back Sites
- Avoid Opioid SD website
- Disposing of Unused Medications
- DEA Questions and Answers
- Federal DEA Renewal Alert
- South Dakota Statute — SDCL 36-11
- South Dakota Administrative Rule — ARSD 20:51
- Other SD Statutes and Rules Pertaining to Pharmacy
- Prescribers & Prescribing Authority Approved by the Board
- National Association of Boards of Pharmacy
- South Dakota Health Professionals Assistance Program
- South Dakota Pharmacists Association
- South Dakota Society of Health-System Pharmacists
Promoting pharmacist-provided medication-assisted treatment for patients diagnosed with opioid use disorder (OUD) is the current initiative of NABP Chairperson Timothy D. Fensky, RPh, DPh, FACA. This initiative will build on the efforts of the state boards of pharmacy to combat the opioid crisis over the past decade. Furthering existing NABP efforts, including PMP InterConnect, an interstate prescription monitoring data resource, and safe.pharmacy, a consumer-focused website highlighting safe medication practices, will also be an important aspect of this initiative.