The South Dakota Department of Health wants to prevent needless deaths due to improper seat belt and car seat use. Kits have been developed so you can promote these lifesaving activities in your community.
Did you know…
- Three out of four children are not as secure as they should be in a vehicle because of improper car seat use.
- South Dakota is nearly 15% below the national average in seat belt use.
- South Dakota is more than 45% above the national average in fatal crashes.
Car Seat Safety Toolkit
To request toolkit items or for more information, contact DOH.INFO@state.sd.us.
WHERE YOU CAN HELP SPREAD AWARENESS
- Sporting events
- Wellness fairs
- Drivers' education classes
- Birthing classes
- Maternity wards
- Local doctors
- Childcare centers
- High schools
- Neighborhood block parties
- High school events (proms, football games, academic tournaments, etc.)
- Family-friendly events (art exhibits, carnivals, etc.)
- Local music venues
And anywhere else you can think of!