Hospice provides an alternative way to care for terminally ill individuals, stressing palliative care (medical relief of pain), as opposed to curative or restorative care. Hospice care is not limited to medical care but also addresses all physical, psychological, and spiritual needs of the patient, as well as the emotional needs of the patient’s family. The emphasis of hospice programs is on keeping the patient at home with his or her family and friends as much as possible.
Consumer Hospice Hotline
Ask questions or file a complaint.
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CT
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), SD Codified Statute, and SD Administrative Hospice Regulations
- The Medicare enrollment application (form CMS-855A) must be completed and submitted according to the directions provided on the form.
- The Medicare fee-for-service contractor for South Dakota is CGS Administrators, LLC. Their website contains information for accurate completion of the CMS 855A and has a link for hospice providers. Learn more
- Office of Civil Rights (OCR) Clearance: Assurance of Compliance portal.
- Health Insurance Benefit Agreement
- SD Association of Healthcare Organizations (SDAHO)
- South Dakota Department of Social Services: Medicaid Eligibility
- To begin the Medicaid enrollment process to receive Medicaid reimbursement, please contact Provider Enrollment at 1-866-718-0084.