The Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices recommends annual influenza vaccination for all individuals aged 6 months and older.
Participate in Flu Near You, a free, real-time disease tracking system that uses anonymous reporting to promote flu prevention. Register at the site and get a weekly email asking whether you've had any flu symptoms or had a flu shot. The project is administered by Healthmap of Boston Children's Hospital in partnership with the American Public Health Association and the Skoll Global Threats Fund.
Influenza consent forms should be completed by someone who is going to get a flu vaccine. Versions are updated annually.
- 2022-2023 LAIV4 CONSENT FORM (Live Attenuated Influenza Vaccine, quadrivalent)
- 2022-2023 INACTIVATED INFLUENZA CONSENT FORM
- Inactivated Influenza Vaccine Information Statement
- Summary: 'Prevention and Control of Seasonal Influenza with Vaccines: Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP)—United States, 2021-22'
- Lab specimen submission form for influenza samples (check flu surveillance box for billing and IAB for testing)
- Specimen Collection - New England Journal of Medicine (YouTube)
- Nasopharyngeal Specimen Collection
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention