This page serves as a comprehensive resource hub for accessing trauma system-related information, tools, and resources.
A well-coordinated trauma system plays a vital role in saving lives, reducing disability, and improving outcomes for individuals who experience traumatic injuries. This web page is designed to provide healthcare professionals, first responders, policymakers, and the public with valuable resources to enhance the delivery of trauma care in South Dakota.
On this web page, you will find a diverse collection of resources that cover various aspects of trauma system development, implementation, and improvement.
Injury Prevention Resources
- Data Reports and Related Links
- STEADI Older Adult Fall Prevention (Stopping Elderly Accidents, Deaths & Injuries) - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Injury Prevention and Control - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Traumatic Brain Injury and Concussion - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- HealthyChildren.org: Safety and Prevention- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Poison Help 1-800-222-1222 - Health Resources and Services Administration
Sample Injury Prevention Activities
Car Seat Safety
Seat Belt and Car Seat Safety
Did you know…
- Three out of four children are not as secure as they should be in a vehicle because of improper car seat use.
- South Dakota is nearly 15% below the national average in seat belt use.
- South Dakota is more than 45% above the national average in fatal crashes.
The South Dakota Department of Health wants to prevent needless deaths due to improper seat belts and car seat use. Kits have been developed so you can promote these lifesaving activities in your community.
|Car Seat Safety Toolkit
|Seatbelt Safety Toolkit
To request toolkit items or for more information, contact DOH.INFO@state.sd.us.
Where You Can Help Spread Awareness:
- Sporting events
- Wellness fairs
- Drivers' education classes
- Birthing classes
- Maternity wards
- Local doctors
- Childcare centers
- High schools
- Neighborhood block parties
- High school events (proms, football games, academic tournaments, etc.)
- Family-friendly events (art exhibits, carnivals, etc.)
- Local music venues
And anywhere else you can think of!