Licensing Instructions and Checklist
ALL materials must be submitted and approved by the board office 12 weeks before to test PM Lexis examination (if being offered in South Dakota). The board shall review all applications to write the examination and certify that they are eligible. Please contact the board office for the examination and meeting schedule.
No applications will be processed without the submission of fees.
Instructions for Application Procedure for Completion of Application and Support Documents
- Please have your professional references (two) sent to the board who can attest to your professionalism and podiatry skills.
- All applicants must complete the section of "College Education" on page 2. You will need to request official transcripts from the college / university from which you graduated with your podiatry degree. Please also request transcripts for the credits granted you for full two years of general college study in a college or university of recognized standing. Please have the college / university send the official transcript directly to the Podiatry Board office.
- Application fee is $500, check or money order. Fees are not refundable. lf taking the PM Lexis exam, your application must be complete 12 weeks before the exam. We suggest you submit 16 weeks in advance to allow sufficient approval time. If your application is approved by reciprocity, there is a $250 licensure fee required.
- Please have the National Board supply proof of national board scores obtained by examination.
- You must have completed one year post graduate podiatric residency if you graduated after July 1, 1995. Please use the form enclosed.
- If you have ever been licensed in another state, you must complete the "Verification of Out of State Licensure" form from this Board. A request form must be sent to all past and present States in which you have received a license. This form will be returned directly from the state you were licensed in. Your license must be valid, unrevoked, and unsuspended.
- Please supply certified proof of passing of the PM Lexis. Scores must come directly from the National Board of Podiatric Medical Examiners.
________ State Application mailed on ____________________
________ Signed and notarized
________ Order podiatry transcripts to be sent directly to board office
________ Order under graduate transcripts sent directly to board office.
________ Fee sent to board office with application ($500)
________ Order PM Lexis Scores sent directly to board office
________ Verification Form for Podiatric Residency completed
________ Request references from professional colleagues (two)
_______ Past or current Licensed Out of State Applicant’s only Verification of Licensure Form mailed to other states
_______ National Board Scores requested to be sent to State office
(Also included in your podiatry application packet is the South Dakota Codified Law and South Dakota Rules and Regulations for podiatrists.)
South Dakota Board of Podiatry Examiners forms are available in ADOBE .PDF format (Portable Document Format) which is both device and resolution independent. The printed version of these PDF documents will be similar regardless of the device used to print. In order to view or print the Adobe Acrobat forms, you must download the free ADOBE Acrobat Reader for Windows, DOS or for Macintosh.