Initial Program Approval
Primary RN instructors must request approval by submitting an Initial Program Application;
Allow 5 to 7 business days for approval.
Renewal of Program
- Approved programs must renew every 2 years by April 30 of even-numbered years; a notice will be sent in 2024 to programs listed on the Approved Program List.
Approved Program Instructors All instructors must be approved by the board:
- Instructors of the theory portion of the course must be licensed RNs with a minimum of 2 years of clinical experience;
- Instructors of the lab/clinical portion of the course must be licensed RNs or LPNs with a minimum of 2 years of clinical experience.
- Instructors must be onsite and in the immediate area of the student to directly observe the student's performance.
- A medication aide/UMA is not allowed to teach in a MATP, supervise, or shadow students.
Submit the Instructor Change Application.