Nursing License Name or Address Change

Change your name, address, or contact information on your nursing licensure or unlicensed assistive personnel registration records.

Name Change

To change your name on your licensure record, submit:

  1. Completed Name Change Form
  2. Copy of the legal document that makes the change effective, i.e., marriage license, divorce decree, etc.
  3. $10 Fee

Fill Out Name Change Form

Following receipt, your name will be changed on your license record. You will then be issued licensure documentation in your new name.

Until your licensure record is updated, you must continue to use your former name in relation to your nursing practice and license(s). To use any other name is a violation of the law.

Address Change

If you have recently moved, change your address on your licensure or registration records.

LPN and RN:

Change Address/Contact

CNA and UMA:

Change Address/Contact

Nurse Licensure Compact

South Dakota is a member of the Licensure Compact (NCL). Nurses can be issued a multi-state license (MSL) to practice in other NCL states, without having to obtain additional licenses.

Learn About NLC

Contact Us

Email SDBON or call 605-362-2760 with any questions or concerns. If you email us, make sure to include both your former name and your new name in the email.

Contact the Board