The Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices recommends annual influenza vaccination for all individuals aged 6 months and older.
Participate in Flu Near You, a free, real-time disease tracking system that uses anonymous reporting to promote flu prevention. Register at the site and get a weekly email asking whether you've had any flu symptoms or had a flu shot. The project is administered by Healthmap of Boston Children's Hospital in partnership with the American Public Health Association and the Skoll Global Threats Fund.
Seasonal Flu Information
- Department of Health 2016-2017 Consent Form - Inactivated Influenza Vaccine (Note: The form includes a reference to the department's HIPAA notice as well as consent to bill insurance and authorize payment to the department. Outside agencies adopting this form should amend those sections.
- Inactivated Influenza Vaccine Information Statement
- Prevention and Control of Seasonal Influenza with Vaccines: Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices - United States, 2016-2017 Influenza Season
- Lab specimen submission form for influenza samples (check flu surveillance box for billing and IAB for testing)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Influenza information
- Vaccine Effectiveness: How Well Does the Flu Vaccine Work?
- Immunization Action Coalition
Influenza Season Surveillance Summaries