The School Health Program is administered through a joint effort of the South Dakota Department of Health and the South Dakota Department of Education.
The program provides technical guidance and services to schools to help enhance the health of children and adolescents. Its purpose is to expand and strengthen the capacity of state agencies and school districts to plan, carry out and evaluate school health programs, to address significant health problems that affect adolescents, especially HIV infection, tobacco use, sedentary lifestyle, and dietary habits that result in disease.
- Enterovirus (EV-D68) information for schools
- Good & Healthy School News — Communication for all public, private, BIE and tribal schools. The South Dakota Departments of Health and Education distribute the newsletter to a designated contact at each school building. View online or send an email to subscribe.
Department of Health School Health Related Links
- Hand washing posters:
- School Recommendations for Illness Exclusions
- School Height and Weight Project
Other School Health Links
- South Dakota Department of Health
- South Dakota Department of Education
- South Dakota Department of Game, Fish and Parks — Outdoor Learning Opportunities
- South Dakota Department of Public Safety — Highway Safety
- South Dakota Department of Social Services — Prevention Resources
- Environmental Protection Agency — Idle Free School Zones Toolkit