Office of Rural Health
Improving access to quality healthcare in South Dakota
Welcome to the South Dakota Office of Rural Health. Our mission is to improve the delivery of health services to rural and medically underserved communities, emphasizing access. We work primarily at the local level.
Specific program examples include recruiting of health professionals, assisting facilities such as hospitals and rural health clinics, helping interested organizations develop and use technology applications, and providing general information and referral.
- Rural Healthcare Facility Recruitment Program opens May 1
- National Rural Health Day Video
- Rural Healthcare Facility Recruitment Assistance Program
- Cardiac Care Project
- Rural Health Related Links
- Health Occupations for Today & Tomorrow (HOTT)