Recruitment Assistance for Health Care Professionals
The Office of Rural Health administers a variety of programs to assist communities and facilities in recruiting health care professionals. For more information on any of the following programs, contact the office at 1-800-738-2301.
- Recruitment Assistance Program
(formerly known as Tuition Reimbursement Program - for physicians, dentists and mid-levels)
- Rural Healthcare Facility Recruitment Assistance Program
(formerly known as Health Professional Recruitment Incentive Program)
- National Health Service Corps Scholarship and Loan Repayment Program
- Online Recruitment Assistance Guide (Flip through our booklet for descriptions on our programs)
- To view a list of available healthcare practice opportunities in South Dakota — Rural Recruitment & Retention Network (3Rnet)
- Facilities and HR specialists: to post your available healthcare opportunities visit 3Rnet and the South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulationr.
Other financial assistance for high school students:
- Dakota Corps Scholarship Program – Allows students financial access to outstanding post secondary education, while encouraging them to remain in South Dakota upon graduation working in critical need occupations.
- South Dakota Opportunity Scholarship – Allows South Dakota’s most academically accomplished high school graduates to receive an affordable education at any university, college or technical school in South Dakota.