South Dakota EMS Stakeholders Group
For many South Dakotans, emergency medical services is often the entry point into the health care system. Local ambulance services provide a valuable service to the citizens of South Dakota.
In January 2015, Governor Daugaard filed Executive Reorganization Order No. 2015-01 which moved the Office of Emergency Medical Services (EMS) from the Department of Public Safety to the Department of Health. One of the goals of the Department of Health is to improve access to quality healthcare in South Dakota.
To that end, the Department of Health has formed a stakeholders workgroup to study the current EMS system.
- December 14, 2016 - Red Rossa, Pierre - Meeting summary
- May 7, 2015 - Ramkota, Pierre - Agenda | Presentations | Meeting summary
- June 24, 2015 - Red Rossa, Pierre - Agenda | Workforce per County, 2015 | EMS Service Map | Meeting summary
- July 23, 2015 - Ramkota, Pierre - Agenda | Minimum EMS Staffing Requirements Survey Results, July 2015 | Advanced Life Support Licensure, South Dakota Board of Medical & Osteopathic Examiners | EMT-Basic Certification, Office of Rural Health/Emergency Medical Services | Meeting summary
- August 24, 2015 - Red Rossa, Pierre - Agenda | Meeting summary and final recommendations
- Recommendations working document (updated 4/17/2017)