Rural Health Related Links
The South Dakota Department of Health exercises no control over the content of these sites and provides the links for informational and reference purposes only. This information is not a substitute for medical care.
- Rural Recruitment & Retention Network (3R Net) – South Dakota Practice Opportunities — Network members are not-for-profit organizations helping health professionals find practice opportunities in rural areas throughout the country.
- South Dakota Health Occupations for Today and Tomorrow (HOTT)
Federal Government Resources
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Health Resources and Services Administration
- Office of Rural Health Policy
- National Health Service Corps — a program of the Federal Health Resources and Service Administration's Bureau of Primary Health Care, the focal point for providing primary health care to underserved and vulnerable populations.
- National Institutes of Health — one of eight health agencies of the Public Health Service.
- Agency for Health Research & Quality (AHRQ) — supports research to improve the quality, safety, efficiency, and effectiveness of health care for all Americans. AHRQ research provides information that helps people make better decisions about health care.
- GPO Access — a service of the U.S. Government Printing Office that provides free electronic access to information products produced by the federal government.
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Indian Health Service
- National Telecommunications and Information Administration
- U.S. Department of Agriculture
South Dakota l Resources
- Community HealthCare Association of the Dakotas
- South Dakota Association of Healthcare Organizations
- South Dakota Health Care Association
- Center for Health Care Strategies, Inc.
- Rural Policy Research Institute
- Rural Assistance Center (RAC) — a product of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Rural Initiative, the RAC is a rural health and human services information portal. RAC helps rural communities access the full range of available programs, funding, and research that can enable them to provide quality health and human services to rural residents.
- National Rural Health Association — a national membership organization whose mission is to improve the health and health care of rural Americans and to provide leadership on rural issues through advocacy, communications, education and research.
- Rural Health Research Gateway
- National Organization of State Offices of Rural Health