Get Certified as a Food Service Manager in South Dakota
Administrative Rules of South Dakota 44:02:07:03 require food service establishments to have a certified food service manager. To meet this requirement:
- Attend an approved course and pass the test with a score of 75 or higher.
- Contact any of the following to find an approved course near you
- South Dakota Retailers Association, 1-800-658-5545
- Cash-Wa Distributing, 1-800-652-0010
- Reinhart FoodService, 1-800-756-5256 Ext.222
- US Foodservice - GFG Division, 1-800-831-7318 or 1-800-543-0314
- SDSU Cooperative Extension, 605-688-6233
- Training Services, 651-355-8486
- SuperSafeMark, 1-877-399-4925
- Or, check this schedule of available Certified Food Service Manager courses.
- Online training is available from Professional Server Certification Corporation. Student completes the training on the computer, then has a proctor administer the final examination. Call 1- 800-247-7737 or see www.Rserving.com.
- Contact the Office of Health Protection at 605-773-4945 to request approval of alternative courses.