File a Food, Lodging or Campground Establishment Complaint
To file a complaint about public health issues at a food or lodging establishment, campground, bed and breakfast, or a specialty resort in South Dakota, you may:
1. Complete and submit a complaint form online.
2. Call the Office of Health Protection at 605-773-4945, Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. (Central time). A staff person will document the complaint information.
Each complaint filed should include:
- the nature of the complaint
- whether the complaint involves illness
- the location of the complaint (name, address, city and phone)
- your name, address, city and phone number
- whether you want a response in follow-up to the investigation
NOTE: If the complaint involves a food borne illness, be prepared to provide disease specific information to the Office of Disease Prevention.