South Dakota Baby Care Program
Applying for Services
The South Dakota Baby Care Perinatal Services Program provides the following services to improve pregnancy outcome:
- risk assessment of pregnant women
- case management of pregnant women found eligible by the risk assessment
- perinatal education
- prenatal/postpartum visits
- referral to community resources
- referral for genetic counseling
Call the local Child & Family Services or Public Health Alliance Office to schedule an appointment. Nursing staff will complete a prenatal risk assessment at your first visit to determine your eligibility for ongoing case management services.
Pregnant women are eligible for the services. There is no fee for services provided.
The Perinatal Program is funded through the Title V Maternal and Child Health Block Grant with matching state funds. The Department of Health cooperates with the South Dakota Medicaid Program to provide services to Medicaid eligible clients.
Expecting a baby?
The Expecting a Baby? website provides information about caring for yourself, your family and your baby during your pregnancy.
The department exercises no control over the content of these sites and provides the links for informational purposes only. This information is not a substitute for medical care.
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American Congress of Obstetricians & Gynecologists
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention -
- March of Dimes
- MEDLINEplus, National Library of Medicine
- National Women's Health Information Center, Prenatal Care