Frequently Asked Questions
1) Which immunizations are recommended for my child?
2) Which immunizations are required for school entry in South Dakota?
3) Which vaccines does the state supply? Is there a charge for this vaccine?
The state supplies this list of vaccine for children who are eligible for the federal Vaccines for Children program. For VFC-eligible children receiving state-supplied vaccine there is no charge for the vaccine but providers may charge a small administration fee.
4) Where can I find an immunization provider for my child?
Check this listing of providers by county.
5) How can I get a copy of an immunization record?
Instructions are available on this site.
6) Where can I find out which vaccinations I need for overseas travel?
7) How do I report suspected fraud and abuse with the Vaccines for Children Program?
Call the Immunization Program at 1-800-592-1861.