(Better Health for Kids with Chronic Conditions)
Health KiCC is a program, funded through federal and state monies, that provides financial assistance for medical appointments, procedures, treatments, medications and travel reimbursement for children with certain chronic health conditions. Care coordination services are also available upon request.
To be eligible for Health KiCC, a child must:
- Be a resident of South Dakota
- Be under 21 years of age
- Have a chronic medical condition covered by Health KiCC. (You will need to have a Medical Condition Verification form filled out.)
- Meet financial guidelines (up to 250% of federal poverty guidelines). Review the income eligibility guidelines
Health KiCC covers 100% of eligible covered expenses. If you are eligible, the program will cover the entire cost of the coverable services after other 3rd party sources are billed. Assistance is limited to $20,000 per fiscal year.
Mileage reimbursement is available for medical appointments specific to the coverable condition.
Care coordination is available based on your request or need. At your request, a care coordinator can assist you in explaining the services your child may need. This could include things such as connecting to other resources; identifying the best options for your particular situation or needs; and helping to prepare your child for transitions at child care, school and into adulthood.
- Internet Explorer is the recommended browser for State Eforms, For more information, including special instructions for Microsoft Edge users please see: https://www.state.sd.us/eforms/secure/eforms/Instructions%20for%20using%20fillable%20Eforms.pdf
- Application Materials
- Pharmacy Claim Form
- Medical Transportation Reimbursement Form
- Health KiCC Brochure