HOPWA provides housing assistance and related support services to low-income persons with HIV/AIDS and their families in South Dakota, North Dakota and Montana. Call 605-332-0704 and ask for the HOPWA representative.
The South Dakota Department of Social Services Medical Assistance Program provides health coverage to individuals eligible for Medicaid.
The Medicare Savings Program assists eligible individuals with payment of their Medicare expenses.
To learn more about either program, check the South Dakota Department of Social Services, Medicaid Program website, or call 605-773-4678.
Ryan White Part B Case Management Services
Ryan White Part B Program Case Management is a comprehensive service delivery system designed to link individuals with needed care components. HIV Case Management agencies are located in Rapid City and Sioux Falls, providing coverage throughout the state. Case management is available from highly qualified individuals under contract with the Part B program.
In addition to outreach and intake, the Medical Case Manager is responsible for:
- Assessing the individual's need for services;
- Determining availability and feasibility of services;
- Developing a plan of care that includes home and community-based services appropriate to the individual's medical, social, and financial condition;
- Arranging for service delivery;
- Monitoring service delivery;
- Maintaining confidentiality of client records with the service delivery system; and
- Conducting ongoing evaluation of the effectiveness of the plan of care.
- Coordinating ongoing medical care with other services providers through case consultations
Volunteers of America
24 East New York Street
Rapid City SD 57701
Heartland Health Resource Center
2500 W. 49th St., Suite 103
Sioux Falls SD 57105
605-271-4813 or 605-271-4814