Diabetes is the seventh leading cause of death in South Dakota. As a valued member of your patients’ healthcare team, you can play a vital role in reducing the burden of this devastating disease.
Together the South Dakota Department of Health and the South Dakota Pharmacists Association developed the Diabetes Pharmacy Toolkit to provide you with tools you can use to initiate discussions with your patients about the diagnosis and treatment of prediabetes and diabetes.
Your help is invaluable in increasing screening rates and referring your eligible patients to the nearest National Diabetes Prevention Program or Diabetes Self-Management Education Program.
- Pharmacy Toolkit Flip Book with Diabetes Program Map
- Prediabetes Risk Test Rack Card
- What is Prediabetes? Rack Card
- A Guide to Managing Diabetes Tracker
- Type 2 Diabetes in South Dakota Poster
- Rx Referral Pad
- Magnet with Contact Information
- Brochure Holder
- Bonus heart disease & stroke information
- National Diabetes Prevention Program
- Diabetes Self-Management Education Program
- South Dakota Diabetes Coalition
- South Dakota Pharmacists Association
- Heart Disease & Stroke Prevention Program
- Better Choices, Better Health SD
Contact Melissa Coull, Diabetes Clinical Outreach Coordinator
- Melissa Coull