Certified Nurse Aide
Questions: Lois Steensma
Print CNA Registration Card - The South Dakota Board of Nursing does not print or mail out CNA registration cards.
You may verify your CNA status and/or print your own card any time.
CNA TESTING: Contact South Dakota Health Care Association tel: (605) 339-2071
- Endorsement (aka Reciprocity): For an individual who is registered as a CNA in another state and wishes to be included on the South Dakota CNA Registry
Print the Endorsement Application, fill out the top half of the application, and then mail the application to the State Registry where you were first registered as a CNA - List of State CNA Registries
- A student enrolled in a nursing education program that has been approved by the South Dakota Board of Nursing who has successfully completed specific fundamentals in nursing course(s) may apply for Waiver of the 75-hour nurse aide training. If the Waiver is granted, the applicant will be permitted to take the CNA written evaluation and manual skills exams.
- Individuals who have been educated / practiced in other healthcare fields
- CNA Online Renewal / Print Card
- You may renew your CNA registration as early as 90 days prior to expiration.
- A paper card will not be mailed to you; you may print and/or save your card when you have completed your renewal.
- If your CNA registration has lapsed, you must complete and submit a paper renewal form:
- Paper Renewal & Employment Verification
CNA CONTACT INFORMATION CHANGE
CNA NAME CHANGE
CNA TRAINING PROGRAMS
Questions: Stephanie Orth
CNA Training Program Approved Curricula
- American Health Care Association - How to be a Nurse Assistant
- Hartman's Nursing Assistant Care - Long Term Care and Home Care, 3rd Edition
- Hartman's Nursing Assistant Care - The Basics, 4th Edition
- Medcom, Inc - The New Nursing Assistant, 8th Edition
- Mosby's Essentials for Nursing Assistants
- Nebraska Health Care Association
- We Care Online
Process for use of American Red Cross Nurse Aide Training Curriculum (flow diagram)
Course of Instruction in Teaching Adults / Train the Trainer Program