Certified Nurse Aide
Questions: Lois Steensma
Print CNA Registration Card - The South Dakota Board of Nursing does not print or mail out CNA registration cards.
You may verify your CNA status and/or print your own card any time.
CNA TESTING: Contact South Dakota Health Care Association tel: (605) 339-2071
- Endorsement (aka Reciprocity) - An individual who is registered as a CNA in another state and wishes to be included on the South Dakota CNA Registry:
Print the Endorsement Application, fill out the top half of the application, and then mail the application to the registry in the state where you were first registered as a CNA - List of State CNA Registries
- If you are a registered CNA in South Dakota and wish to become a CNA in another state, please contact the registry in that state for instructions.
- A student enrolled in a nursing education program that has been approved by the South Dakota Board of Nursing who has successfully completed specific fundamentals in nursing course(s) may apply for Waiver of the 75-hour nurse aide training. If the Waiver is granted, the applicant will be permitted to take the CNA written evaluation and manual skills exams.
- Individuals who have been educated / practiced in other healthcare fields
- CNA Online Renewal / Print Card
- You may renew your CNA registration as early as 90 days prior to expiration.
- A paper card will not be mailed to you; you may print and/or save your card when you have completed your renewal.
- You must have worked as a CNA during the previous two years to renew your registration.
- If your CNA registration has lapsed, you must complete and submit a paper renewal form:
- Paper Renewal & Employment Verification
CNA CONTACT INFORMATION CHANGE
CNA NAME CHANGE
CNA TRAINING PROGRAMS
Questions: Stephanie Orth
CNA Training Program Approved Curricula
- American Health Care Association - How to be a Nurse Assistant
- Hartman's Nursing Assistant Care - Long Term Care and Home Care, 3rd Edition
- Hartman's Nursing Assistant Care - The Basics, 4th Edition
- Medcom, Inc - The New Nursing Assistant, 8th Edition
- Mosby's Essentials for Nursing Assistants
- Nebraska Health Care Association
- We Care Online
Process for use of American Red Cross Nurse Aide Training Curriculum (flow diagram)
Course of Instruction in Teaching Adults / Train the Trainer Program