Address Change Notification
RNs & LPNs: South Dakota is a member of the Nurse Licensure Compact. To view a current list of Nurse Licensure Compact member states, please see National Council of State Boards of Nursing. If your primary state of residence (where you vote, pay taxes, and/or hold a driver’s license) is no longer South Dakota, and
- your new primary state of residence is another Compact State and your nursing license has not been disciplined, you may practice nursing in that state for up to 30 days on your South Dakota nursing license on your “Multi-State” practice privilege, while processing your new nursing license in that state; then you must inactivate your South Dakota nursing license.
- your new primary state of residence is not another Compact State, you must return your South Dakota nursing license to the South Dakota Board of Nursing to be marked “Single State”. You may not practice nursing in a Non-Compact State on your South Dakota nursing license.
When reporting a change in address, please include your
- full name
- license number and/or social security number
- previous address
- new address and effective date
- Declaration of Primary State of Residence
RN, LPN, APN: Click here to send your address change via email.
CNA: Click here to send your address change via email.
Printable Address and Name Change Form