Board Meeting Minutes
September 23, 2011
Holiday Inn Express, Ft. Pierre
Present: Twyla Fritz, Rebecca Dykema, Laura Woitte, Linda Zeller, Karen Kappel, Jim Carlon, Steve Blair, and Joyce Vos.
The meeting was called to order at 10:10am. Introductions were exchanged with new board member Karen Kappel from Dell Rapids.
Staff added two items to the agenda: the August 8, 2011 Minutes and a question regarding CE from Don Spade.
1. M/S/P Woitte/Zeller to approve the July 25, 2011 Minutes as presented. M/S/P Woitte/Fritz to approve the August 8, 2011 Minutes as presented.
Staff presented a question from Don Spade. He said he had been asked if the board would accept the repeat of the same CE training. M/S/P Woitte/Kappel that they would accept the repeat of the same CE training two compliance period in a row but not a third compliance period. This will be a policy, then perhaps a change to Administrative Rule when Rule changes are proposed again.
2. The board conducted a licensing hearing for Melissa Reuer-Herman.
M/S/P Woitte/Fritz to move into Executive Session at 10:45 to discuss Reuer-Herman.
M/S/P Woitte/Zeller to move into General Session at 11:02. M/S/P Fritz/Woitte to extend a hardship waiver to Reuer-Herman in order to receive her proof of insurance, renewal fee plus late penalty, and proof of CE in the office within 30 days from the date of the board’s letter.
3. The board conducted a Public Rules Hearing which is recorded under a separate file.
4. The board conducted the continuance of HongJuan Wang’s licensing hearing. M/S/P Woitte/Zeller to move into Executive Session at 11:24 for the purpose of possible litigation.
M/S/P Fritz/Kappel to move into General Session at 11:39. M/S/P Woitte/Fritz to deny a license to HongJuan Wang and include the prepared Findings of Fact and Conclusions of Law.
5. The board conducted the continuance of Lynn River’s licensing hearing. M/S/P Woitte/Zeller to adopt the prepared Findings of Fact and Conclusions of Law and allow her to re-apply for a license after four months from May 18, 2011.
M/S/P Fritz/Woitte to move into Executive Session at 12:38pm for a Settlement Conference in cases # 2011-05, 2011-06, 2011-07.
M/S/P Zeller/Fritz to move into General Session at 1:49. M/S/P Zeller/Woitte to offer a proposal to continue the matter until March 1 along with the provisions discussed in Executive Session.
6. M/S/P Woitte/Kappel to send Jamie Messmer a cease and desist letter due to non-renewal of her license.
The next meeting is scheduled for Monday, November 7, 2011 in Pierre.
M/S/P Woitte/Zeller to adjourn the meeting at 2:21pm.