South Dakota QuitLine Webinars
If you haven't had a South Dakota QuitLine presentation in the last year or you have new staff, the SDQL 101 webinar is a terrific way to update staff on the program and all it can offer South Dakota tobacco users. The information would be helpful to any staff member who is involved in the tobacco identification and referral process (nurses, receptionists, dental hygienists, doctors, PAs, dentists, etc.).
South Dakota QuitLine 101 is a 45 – 60 minute overview of the South Dakota QuitLine presented by Tammy Bauck, Ed. D., Statewide Tobacco Cessation Project Coordinator. The webinar covers::
Phone-based SD QuitLine – eligibility, referral process, coaching, medications
Web-based SD QuitLine
Overview of the 2As and an R and new AAR Pocketguides
Tobacco use and impact data by SD counties
Tobacco and nicotine addiction
- May 29 – 10-11:00 AM (CT) – South Dakota Quit Line 101
- June 10 – 2-3:00 PM (CT) – South Dakota Quit Line 101
- June 26 – 10-11:00 AM (CT) – South Dakota Quit Line 101
- July 8 – 2-3:00 PM (CT) – South Dakota Quit Line 101
- July 24 – 10-11:00 AM (CT) – South Dakota Quit Line 101
- To register for a QuitLine webinar, go to the following link
- If you have difficulty opening the link, copy and paste it into your browser.
- One to two days before the webinar you will receive a reminder email with instructions for joining.
- If you have not already participated in a Microsoft Office Live Meeting, use the information in the reminder email to logon 5 to 10 minutes before the webinar start time. There is a small program file that will need to be downloaded onto your computer that will take a couple minutes.
- Contact Tammy Bauck at 605.224-6287 Ext. 238 if you need help.