Expanding the educational capacity to train more primary health care providers for rural areas of South Dakota is the focus of the Primary Care Task Force appointed May 25, 2012 by Governor Dennis Daugaard.
The Governor's Primary Care Task Force will consider and make recommendations regarding the medical school class size, components of the rural training track for medical students, residency programs in the state, and physician assistant and nurse practitioner program capacity.
Improving access to rural health care is a key component of the Governor's South Dakota Workforce Initiatives (WINS). South Dakota WINS is a workforce development program that brings together government, education and business leaders to help South Dakota develop and attract a stronger, more educated workforce.
- Task force members
- Meeting schedule and agendas
- Meeting presentations
- Information contact
- Final Report
Primary Care Task Force Oversight Committee
- July 9th Meeting - Agenda; Meeting Summary
- August 27th Meeting - Agenda; Meeting Summary
- October 8th Meeting - Agenda; Meeting Summary
- 2014 Primary Care Task Force Oversight Committee Annual Report
- April 29th Meeting - Agenda; Meeting Summary
- July 15th Meeting - Agenda; Meeting Summary
- September 30th Meeting - Agenda; Meeting Summary