Oral Health Program
Tooth decay is preventable
- Brush after eating or at least twice a day – especially before bedtime.
- Use only a pea-size dab of toothpaste.
- Use toothpaste that contains fluoride.
- Choose a toothpaste flavor that you or your child likes.
- Use an egg timer to time the length of your brushing, 2-3 minutes, or if listening to music, brush till the end of a song.
- Choose a toothbrush with soft bristles.
- Rinse your toothbrush well after each use and allow it to air dry.
- You can even brush or floss while in the tub or shower, while watching TV, or while reading.
- Floss every day.
- Flossing cleans the tooth surfaces that you can not reach with a toothbrush.
- Replace your toothbrush every 3-4 months or sooner if you have been ill.
- Do not share toothbrushes – each person in your family must have their own brush.