PRESENT: Clint Graybill, Paul Engbrecht, Jason Petik, Gale Walker, Bob Stahl, Terry Rieck, and Joyce Vos.
The meeting was called to order at 1:34pm with a quorum identified.
1. Staff made two minor corrections to the Minutes before the vote. M/S/P Walker/Engbrecht to approve the March 26, 2009 Minutes with the corrections.
2. M/S/P Petik/Walker to approve the FY 2011 Consultant Contract as presented. Stahl abstained.
3. As opposed to an exception to Administrative Rule, the Board suggested calling another meeting together before the end of year. If there’s no business to tend to, the meeting will be adjourned.
4.a. M/S/P Walker/Rieck to add to the licensing application the requirement for a copy of their driver’s license. Staff will make the change in Administrative Rule someday, and will make this change to the applications now since these Minutes will reflect the Board’s directive/intent.
b. M/S/P Engbrecht/Rieck to have Staff change Administrative Rule 20:49:08:05 to read that the attendee/licensee will receive a response to their CE approval request within 30 days.
5.a. There was discussion about the issue with Golden Living Black Hills and Jared Degen. Staff summarized the copies of the email exchanges and concerns with Degen serving the role of administrator. Degen signed the facility renewal application as administrator and is not licensed. Stahl commented that the facility license applications/renewals are legal documents and the forms will have to remind the administrators of this fact. Staff and Stahl will need to stay on top of each other’s list of licensed administrators and facility administrators of record. Stahl will do follow-up with Tatiana (Cato) Johnson and Marty Davis in regard to the issues. Staff will draft a letter to Degen with the Board’s suggested dialog and review it with the Board. Graybill will sign the letter.
b. Staff summarized the concerns with Strand-Kjorsvig and Jim Cornelius as Preceptor. Staff was directed to send Cornelius a letter with the Board suggested dialog and have Graybill review and sign the letter.
6. Graybill stated he would attend the NAB’s meeting in June. No one else indicated an interest in attending. Staff will forward NAB’s Fall meeting information in case anyone would be interested in attending. Due to another conference Staff is unable to attend.
7.a./b. M/S/P Walker/Stahl to approve the licensed administrators since the last Board meeting.
8. Staff highlighted items on the current financial statement. It will be filed as presented.
9.a./b. Items were offered as informational.