PRESENT: Paul Engbrecht, Chris Hipple, Clint Graybill, Gale Walker, Carla Borchardt, Marilyn Kinsman, and Staff.
Present via phone conference: Terry Rieck and Jason Petik
The meeting was called to order at 10:06am.
1. M/S/P Walker/Hipple to approve both the March 6, 2008 and January 5, 2009 Board Minutes as presented.
2. M/S/P Graybill/Walker to grant Melodee Wilkins the same exception to the continuing education compliance that they granted the other dual-licensed IA/SD licensees at their January 2009 meeting.
3. A motion was made by Walker and seconded by Petik to approve the late request by Avera Health for continuing education hours. The motion failed by a roll call vote. Borchardt directed Staff to send the Avera staffer a letter denying the request, that she needs to follow the requirements, and how to become an approved CE provider.
4. M/S/P Borchardt/Hipple to approve the proposed Administrative Rules draft with suggested changes and to move forward through the approval process.
5. M/S/P Walker/Hipple to nominate Graybill as president and cease nominations. M/S/P Graybill/Hipple to nominate Petik as vice president and cease nominations. They will serve a two-year term, starting after this meeting. The Board members thanked Engbrecht for his two-year term of service. Graybill gave notice to the Board that he is also president of SDHCA. There were no objections.
6. M/S/P Graybill/Walker to approve the list of licensees since the last board meeting.
7. M/S/P Graybill/Hipple to approve the 2009-2010 consultant contract as presented.
8. Stahl was not present.
9. M/S/P Walker/Borchardt to approve Graybill’s attendance at the NAB Mid-Year Meeting.
10. The current financial was reviewed and will be filed as presented.
11. Staff updated the Board on the prospect that the Dept of Health may initiate background check legislation for their boards. If not, Staff will follow-up with the Board of Nursing and duplicate their legislation since it’s considered a successful “model.”
There was a unanimous motion to adjourn the meeting at 12:15pm