Renewal / Reactivation / Reinstatement
Address Change / Duplicate License Request
- Nurse Midwife Functions - see SDCL 36-9A-13
- APN Functions of the CNP and CNM - see SDCL 36-9A-13.1
- Administrative Rules 20:62
- Cautionary Letter - Treating Minors
- Controlled Substance Privileges: Nurse Practitioner and Nurse Midwife
- DEA Q&A: Issuance of Multiple Prescriptions for Schedule II Controlled Substances
- Issuance of Multiple Scripts for Schedule II Controlled Substances
- Federal DEA Renewal Alert
- Renewal Applications Online - Starting January 1, 2017, DEA will only send out one renewal notification in accordance with Title 21, Code of Federal Regulations, Section 1301.13(e)(3). The renewal notification will be sent to the â€œmail toâ€ address for each DEA registrant approximately 65 days prior to the expiration date. No other reminders to renew the DEA registration will be mailed.
This is to also advise you that the online capability to renew a DEA registration after the expiration date will no longer be available. You will have to complete an application for a new DEA registration if you do not renew by midnight Eastern Time of the expiration date. The original DEA registration will not be reinstated.
Paper renewal applications will not be accepted the day after the expiration date. If DEA has not received the paper renewal application by the day of the expiration date, mailed in renewal applications will be returned and the registrant will have to apply for a new DEA registration.
DEA Form 224a â€“ Retail Pharmacy, Hospital/Clinic, Practitioner, or Teaching Institution
- NPI Numbers / National Plan and Provider Enumeration System (NPPES)
- Acquisition, Dispensing, and Distribution Records - see ARSD 44:58:07:04
- Memorandum Relating to Collaboration - Separate Practice Location
- Policies and Procedures - see ARSD 44:73:08:01:01
- Medicare Learning Network Advanced Practice Nursing & Physician Assistants Web Page