Gloria Damgaard, RN, MS
4305 South Louise Ave Suite 201
Sioux Falls SD 57106-3315
Tel: (605) 362-2760
Fax: (605) 362-2768
The mission of the South Dakota Board of Nursing is to safeguard life, health, and the public welfare, and to protect citizens from unauthorized, unqualified, and improper application of nursing education programs and nursing practices, in accordance with SDCL 36-9 and SDCL 36-9A.
- South Dakota Center for Nursing Workforce
- Board Advisory Opinions / Position Statements / Resolutions
- Dakota Nurse Connection Quarterly
- Education - Nursing Programs
- Health Professionals Assistance Program (HPAP)
- National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN)
- Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC)
- What's New / Rules Changes
UNLICENSED ASSISTIVE PERSONNEL
Registry status implies only that an unlicensed individual has met the minimal training and testing requirements necessary to accept delegated tasks by a licensed nurse while under a nurse's supervision. Registry status does not imply that an individual has met moral, ethical, or legal standards. Registry should not take the place of an employer's hiring screening process or background check.