Board Meeting Minutes
August 8, 2011
Present: Twyla Fritz, Rebecca Dykema, Laura Woitte, Linda Zeller, Jim Carlon, and Joyce Vos.
The meeting was called to order at 10:51am. Two items were added to the agenda: request for the AG’s interpretation of the amended law and the continuation of Lynsey Battey’s licensing hearing.
1. The Board conducted the licensing hearing for HongJuan Wang.
2. The Board conducted the licensing hearing for Kelly Mayo.
M/S/P Fritz/Zeller to move into Executive Session at 12:20pm.
M/S/P Fritz/Zeller to move into General Session at 12:42pm.
M/S/P Fritz/Woitte to continue Wang’s hearing to allow her to present additional information regarding her school attendance.
M/S/P Zeller/Fritz to approve the licensing of Mayo. Woitte abstained.
3. The Board was notified of newly appointed member Karen Kappel.
4. The Board confirmed the next meeting date would be Sept 23 in Pierre and include the licensing hearing of Yuying Shan.
5. The Board was informed that the letter was drafted by Counsel, signed by Dykema, and sent to Attorney General Marty Jackley for his interpretation of amended SDCL 36-35-14.
6. Lynsey Battey did not appear for her continuance. M/S/P Woitte/Fritz to adopt the Findings of Fact and Conclusions of Law as presented by Counsel.
M/S/P Woitte/Fritz to move into Executive Session at 1:00pm for a complaint hearing.
M/S/P Zeller/Woitte to move into General Session and adjourn the meeting at 2:45pm.